Here you can find all the information on the major events related to Porto’s tech scene and startups. Don’t miss out the opportunity to meet interesting people, learn and discuss or get to know more about the ecosystem!
Regular Events & Meetups
- Porto Startup Coffee – a monthly informal meetup for entrepreneurs, investors, and people interested in entrepreneurship.
- Founders are Happy [Hour] – the founders of every company of the house Founders Founders (F2) meet for drinks, snacks and talk about everything including tech and business.
- “Let’s Grow Again” – a meetup about marketing and growth hacking strategies with industry experts, at F2.
- Tech Tech Talk: a monthly event by F2 where a particular technology is presented, followed by a Q&A session or workshop.
- Porto Python Meetup: a meetup for all Python enthusiasts.
- Porto WordPress Meetup: an event dedicated to anyone interested in WordPress not only in but also around Porto.
- Creative Mornings Porto: a delicious breakfast lecture series for the creative community.
- DevOps: a community for everyone interested in reducing the pain of software delivery and in building “bridges” between development and operations with regular events.
- Porto Codes: a group of software engineering enthusiasts that meet every month to share experiences.
Yearly or Major Events, Festivals, Conferences
- Start&Scale Week: a week dedicated to the promotion of innovation, entrepreneurship and job creation. The agenda reinforces the role of Porto as a reference to the Scaleup movement on a national and international level.
- ScaleUp for Europe Conference: a conference to provide entrepreneurs with information about cities’ context and business environment and to promote their growth and internationalisation effort.
- Porto Summer of Code / Make or Break: a 3-day free and fun hackathon that happens every year, to help driving Porto’s tech scene.
- Porto Tech Hub: a movement launched by a group of tech companies that want to ensure that Porto is an excellent innovation hub.
- Hackacity: a hackathon that aims to test big data and promote its use to develop solutions that will have an impact in the city, but also foster collaboration amongst stakeholders. For 24 hours, participants get together to develop solutions based on open source platforms to address challenges faced by the citizens, using data provided by the city.
- Commit Porto: an IT multi-disciplinary conference that brings together IT professionals from different areas talking about their experience tackling challenges in software development with the latest technology. An excellent opportunity for knowledge sharing.
- Talk a Bit: a non-profit student-organised conference where hot topics are discussed, mostly on the social impact of technology.
- StartupFest: the biggest festival of new products and businesses of the University and the City of Porto.
To keep updated on everything that’s happening, check here the agenda for the innovation ecosystem, here all the Meetups in Porto and join this Facebook Group right away.